Riding the creative rollercoaster [electronic resource] : how leaders evoke creativity, productivity and innovation / Dr. Nick Udall
- Udall, Nick
- London ; Philadelphia : KoganPage, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 240 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 20 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "Leadership is about creating opportunities for individuals and teams in order to cultivate innovation at all levels of an organization. The only way to shape purposeful, meaningful and successful futures is through innovation. This book turns the current understanding of innovation on its head. It explores how innovation is actually a mindset, not a business led process. How we think, relate, learn and organize either moves us towards this mindset or away from it. It's time for leaders to move to a multi-dimensional view of innovation, where creative breakthrough is evoked by design. Rewriting the rules of innovation, each chapter reveals a different part of the puzzle, giving the reader new insights to re-order and re-pattern what leadership in today's world can achieve"--
"Leadership is about creating opportunities for teams, functions, organizations, and even ecosystems of organizations, to catalyze innovation at all levels. This pioneering book shows leaders how to build cultures of innovation and develop breakthrough strategies through the power of creative teams and evocative leadership. It will help leaders develop the capacity and voltage needed to lead their teams through the highs and lows of the creative process, or the 'creative roller coaster', and release the powerful creative potential of teams and organizations. Rewriting the rules of innovation, each chapter reveals a different part of the puzzle, giving the reader a rich tapestry of new insights to re-order and re-pattern what leadership in today's world can achieve"--
- 9780749472139 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 229-231) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19428759