The roots of conservatism in Mexico [electronic resource] : Catholicism, society, and politics in the Mixteca Baja, 1750-1962 / Benjamin T. Smith
- Smith, Benjamin T.
- Albuquerque : University of New Mexico Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 432 p. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The people of the cross : the Mixteca Baja during the colonial period -- For "the peace and security of the pueblo" : the roots of provincial conservatism, 1821-1867 -- For a "government of Mexico, which protects our religion, our persons, and our families" : the counternarrative of provincial conservatism, 1821-1867 -- "The spirit of God-- in the hearts of everybody" : liberalism modified and Catholicism resurgent, 1867-1910 -- "No leaf of the tree moves without the will of God" : regional catholicism during the Revolution, 1910-1940 -- "En el nombre de Dios, adelante" : from resistance to revolt, 1940-1962.
- 9780826351722 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 373-418) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19429852