The San Diego World's Fairs and southwestern memory, 1880-1940 [electronic resource] / Matthew F. Bokovoy
- Bokovoy, Matthew F., 1969-
- Albuquerque : University of New Mexico Press, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 316 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The Spanish heritage -- San Diego and the Spanish colonial inheritance -- The Panama-California Exposition, 1915-1916 --- Southern California gets the Panama Exposition -- Planning a southwestern exposition, 1915 -- "The peers of their white conquerors" -- "A heritage in history, forever" -- The California-Pacific International Exposition, 1935-1936 -- The legacies of 1915: the San Diego Century-of-Progress Exposition, 1935-1936 -- "The answer is to be found in those yesteryears and tomorrows" -- Popular amusements and the fight for moral authority in Southern California -- Spanish fantasy heritage, social politics.
- 0826336426 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 227-303) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19431307