The search for a socialist El Dorado [electronic resource] : Finnish immigration to Soviet Karelia from the United States and Canada in the 1930s / Alexey Golubev and Irina Takala
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Finnish immigrants in North America and Russia -- Two perspectives on Soviet immigration policy : Moscow and Petrozavodsk -- To Karelia! -- The failure of the immigration program -- American and Canadian immigrants in Soviet economy -- North American Finns in Soviet culture -- Challenges of cross-cultural communication -- American and Canadian Finns in the great terror -- Wartime and after.
- Finnish Americans—Russia (Federation)—Karelia—History—20th century
- Finns—Russia (Federation)—Karelia—History—20th century
- Karelia (Russia)—Emigration and immigration—History—20th century
- United States—Emigration and immigration—History—20th century
- Canada—Emigration and immigration—History—20th century
- Soviet Union—History—1925-1953
- 9781611861150 (print : alk. paper)
1611861152 (print : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 215-232) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19432489