Secret reports on Nazi Germany [electronic resource] : the Frankfurt School contribution to the war effort / Franz Neumann, Herbert Marcuse, Otto Kirchheimer ; edited by Raffaele Laudani ; with a foreword by Raymond Geuss
- Neumann, Franz, 1904-1974
- Princeton : Princeton University Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 679 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Marcuse, Herbert, 1898-1979, Kirchheimer, Otto, Laudani, Raffaele, and United States. Office of Strategic Services. Research and Analysis Branch. Central European Section
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The analysis of the enemy -- Anti-semitism: spearhead of universal terror / Franz Neumann -- Possible political changes in Nazi Germany in the near future / Herbert Marcuse -- Changes in the Reich government / Herbert Marcuse -- Speer's appointment as dictator of the German economy / Franz Neumann and Paul Sweezy -- The significance of Prussian militarism for Nazi imperialism: Potential tensions in United Nations psychological warfare / Herbert Marcuse and Felix Gilbert -- German social stratification / Herbert Marcuse -- Patterns of collapse -- German morale after Tunisia / Franz Neumann -- Morale in Germany / Herbert Marcuse (assisted by Franz Neumann and Hans Meyerhoff) -- Possible patterns of German collapse / Franz Neumann, Herbert Marcuse and Felix Gilbert -- The social and political effects of air raids on the German people: A preliminary survey / Franz Neumann -- The attempt on Hitler's life and its consequences / Franz Neumann -- Political opposition -- The Free Germany manifesto and the German people / Franz Neumann -- The German Communist Party / Herbert Marcuse -- The Social Democratic Party of Germany / Herbert Marcuse -- Denazification and military government -- The abrogation of Nazi laws in the early period of MG / Otto Kirchheimer -- Dissolution of the Nazi Party and its affiliated organizations / Herbert Marcuse -- German cartels and cartel-like organizations / Franz Neumann -- Policy toward revival of old parties and establishment of new parties in Germany / Herbert Marcuse -- General principles of administration and civil service in Germany / Otto Kirchheimer -- Administration of German criminal justice under military government / Otto Kirchheimer -- The problem of inflation in Germany / Franz Neumann -- A new Germany in a new Europe -- The adaptation of centralized European controls of raw materials, industry, and transport / Franz Neumann and Paul Sweezy -- The revival of political and constitutional life in Germany / Franz Neumann -- The treatment of Germany / Franz Neumann -- Toward Nuremberg / Franz Neumann -- The "statement on atrocities" of the Moscow tripartite conference / Otto Kirchheimer and John Herz -- Problems concerning the treatment of war criminals / Franz Neumann -- Leadership principle and criminal responsibility / Otto Kirchheimer and John Herz -- Nazi plans for dominating Germany and Europe: the Nazi master plan / Herbert Marcuse -- Nazi plans for dominating Germany and Europe: Domestic crimes / Otto Kirchheimer -- A new enemy -- Status and prospects of German trade-unions and works councils / Herbert Marcuse -- The potentials of world communism / Herbert Marcuse.
- 9780691134130 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19432743