A separate Civil War [electronic resource] : communities in conflict in the mountain South / Jonathan Dean Sarris
- Sarris, Jonathan Dean, 1967-
- Charlottesville : University of Virginia Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- x, 238 p. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Mountain neighbors : two communities on the frontier of the antebellum South -- "This unpatriotic imputation" : mountain images in secession and war -- Rebels, traitors, and Tories : loyalty and community in north Georgia, 1862-1863 -- Hellish deeds in a Christian land : the social dynamics of violence in north Georgia's guerrilla war, 1864-1865 -- The war they knew : reconstructing community and memory in north Georgia, 1865-1900.
- Mountain people—Georgia—Fannin County—History—19th century
- Mountain people—Georgia—Lumpkin County—History—19th century
- Community life—Georgia—History—19th century
- Allegiance—Georgia—History—19th century
- Violence—Georgia—History—19th century
- Fannin County (Ga.)—History, Military—19th century
- Lumpkin County (Ga.)—History, Military—19th century
- Georgia—History—Civil War, 1861-1865—Social aspects
- Fannin County (Ga.)—Social conditions—19th century
- Lumpkin County (Ga.)—Social conditions—19th century
- 0813925495 (alk. paper)
081392555X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -227) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19433627