The Shiloh campaign [electronic resource] / edited by Steven E. Woodworth
- Carbondale : Southern Illinois University Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 167 p. : maps ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Woodworth, Steven E.
- Civil War campaigns in the heartland
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "I must save this army" : Albert Sidney Johnston and the Shiloh Campaign / John R. Lundberg -- A terrible baptism by fire : David Stuart's defense of the Union left / Alexander Mendoza -- Anatomy of an icon : Shiloh's hornet's nest in Civil War memory / Timothy B. Smith -- Intolerably slow : Lew Wallace's march to the battlefield / Steven E. Woodworth -- Soul-stirring music to our ears : gunboats at Shiloh / Gary D. Joiner -- General Beauregard's "complete victory" at Shiloh : an interpretation / Grady McWhiney -- Victory for neither side : Confederate soldier's reactions to the battle of Shiloh / Charles D. Grear -- After Shiloh : Grant, Sherman, and survival / Brooks D. Simpson.
- This title provides new insights into the civil War's bloodiest battle. Steven E. Woodworth has brought together a group of historians to reassess this significant battle and provide in-depth analysis of key aspects of the campaign and its aftermath.
- 9780809328925 (cloth : alk. paper)
0809328925 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19434646