Sigmund Romberg [electronic resource] / William A. Everett ; with a foreword by Geoffrey Block, general editor
- Everett, William A., 1962-
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 362 p. : ill., music ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Block, Geoffrey Holden, 1948-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Sigmund Romberg : the man and his music -- Finding a voice : operetta, revue, and musical comedy -- Staging nostalgia : the road to maytime -- Continued success : The magic melody and Blossom time -- Young love in old Heidelberg : The student Prince -- Romance and exoticism in North Africa : The desert song -- Exploring new possibilities : from Cherry blossoms to The new moon -- Emulating the past : later stage works -- Romberg in Hollywood -- Building a legacy.
- 9780300111835 (hard cover : alk. paper)
0300111835 (hard cover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -341), discography (p. -309), and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19435009