Skyscraper cinema [electronic resource] : architecture and gender in American film / Merrill Schleier
- Schleier, Merrill
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 367 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Constructing the American skyscraper film -- From stumbling blocks to stepping stones : Harold Lloyd's skyscraper films -- Icons of exploitation : gender and class disharmony in the Depression-era skyscraper office -- Masculine heroes, modernism, and political ideology in The fountainhead and The big clock -- Mid-century corporate renewal and gender realignment in Executive suite and Desk set -- Postscript: Recent skyscraper films.
- 9780816642816 (hc : alk. paper), 0816642818 (hc : alk. paper), 9780816642823 (pb : alk. paper), and 0816642826 (pb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 283-344) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19435714