Small tech [electronic resource] : the culture of digital tools / Byron Hawk, David M. Rieder, and Ollie Oviedo, editors
- Electronic mediations ; 22
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction, On small tech and complex ecologies / Byron Hawk and David M. Rieder -- Date visualization as new abstraction and as anti-sublime / Lev Manovich -- Softvideography : digital video as postliterate practice / Adrian Miles -- Technopolitics, blogs, and emergent media ecologies : a critical/reconstructive approach / Richard Kahn and Douglas Kellner -- Remembering dinosaurs : toward an archaeological understanding of digital photo manipulation / Karla Saari Kitalong -- Cut, copy, and paste / Lance Strate -- Dreamweaver and the procession of simulations : what you see is not why you get what you get / Sean D. Williams -- Revisiting the matter and manner of linking in new media / Collin Gifford Brooke -- Scripted writing: exploring generative dimensions of writing in flash ActionScript / David M. Rieder -- Overhearing : the intimate life of cell phones / Jenny Edbauer Rice -- I am a DJ, I am what I say : the rise of podcasting / Paul Cesarini -- Walking with texts : using PDAs to manage textual information / Jason Swarts -- Text messaging : rhetoric in a new keypad / Wendy Warren Austin -- Beyond Napster : peer-to-peer technology and network culture / Michael Pennell -- Communication breakdown : the postmodern space of Google / Johndan Johnson-Eilola -- Let there be light in the digital darkroom : digital ecologies and the new photography / Robert A. Emmons Jr. -- "A demonstration of practice" : the real presence of digital video / Veronique Chance -- Buffering Bergson : matter and memory in 3D games / Julian Oliver -- Shifting subjects in locative media / Teri Rueb -- Virtual reality as a teaching tool : learning by configuring / James J. Sosnoski -- Digital provocations and applied aesthetics : projects in speculative computing / Johanna Drucker -- Dehumanization, rhetoric, and the design of wearable augmented reality interfaces / Isabel Pedersen -- Sousveillance : wearable and digital tools in surveilled environments / Jason Nolan, Steve Mann, and Barry Wellman -- Ambient video : the transformation of the domestic cinematic experience / Jim Bizzocchi -- Sound in domestic virtual environments / Jeremy Yuille -- Getting real and feeling in control : haptic interfaces / Joanna Castner Post -- Digital craft and digital touch : hands-on design with an "undo" button / Mark Paterson.
- 9780816649778 (hc : alk. paper)
0816649774 (hc : alk. paper)
9780816649785 (pb : alk. paper)
0816649782 (pb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 19435959