Snooze-- or lose! [electronic resource] : 10 "no-war" ways to improve your teen's sleep habits / Helene A. Emsellem ; with Carol Whiteley
- Emsellem, Helene A.
- Washington, D.C. : Joseph Henry Press, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 249 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Whiteley, Carol
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- What's up with teens? -- Why Teens Stay Up All Night and Sleep All Day -- The Real Reason Teens Are Tired, Low Performing, Stressed, Overweight, and Incredibly Hard to Live With -- Inside Sleep: What It Is, How It Works, Why Teens Need It -- The Sleep-Learning Link: Why All-Nighters Don't Work -- Trying to Sleep in a No-Sleep Teen Culture -- How to help teens feel and be theit best -- Off the Charts: Measuring Teen Sleepiness -- Tips from Teens: How Parents Can Talk with Their Teens About the Importance of Sleep -- 10 "No-War" Ways to Improve Your Teen's Sleep Habits for Optimum Health, Learning, and Living -- Getting Off the Night Shift: Resetting Your Teen's Internal Clock -- When to Seek Help from Professionals -- What Are Sleep Disorders and How Should They Be Treated? -- Handling Serious Problems That Can Accompany Lack of Sleep -- Family and Community Support -- Supporting Your Teen -- Making Changes in Your School and Community -- Global Impacts -- Sleep Deprivation Around the World.
- 0309101891 (hardback), 0309660211 (pdfs), and 9780309101899
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19436112