Sources of suffering [electronic resource] : fear, greed, guilt, deception, betrayal, and revenge / Salman Akhtar
- Akhtar, Salman, 1946 July 31-
- London : Karnac, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 192 pages ; 23 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This concise and well-written book deals with six important roots of human anguish. It divides the six areas into those primarily affecting the individual and those primarily affecting others around him. Among the former are fear, greed, and guilt. Among the latter are deception, betrayal, and revenge. The book deals with each realm from descriptive, psychodynamic, sociocultural, and clinical perspectives. It provides ample literary examples and vignettes from psychotherapy and psychoanalysis. The aim is to help the readers enhance their empathy with these complex human experiences and to become more adept in helping their patients renounce or reduce their suffering.
- 9781782200697 and 178220069X
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 163-184) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19437702