A sovereign idea [electronic resource] : essays on Canada as a democratic community / Reg Whitaker
- Whitaker, Reginald, 1943-
- Montreal ; Buffalo : McGill-Queen's University Press, c1992.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 337 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Images of the state in Canada -- The liberal corporatist ideas of Mackenzie King -- William Irvine and the farmers in politics -- "To have insight into much and power over nothing" : the political ideas of Harold Innis -- Reason, passion and interest : Pierre Trudeau's eternal liberal triangle -- Federalism and democratic theory -- Democracy and the Canadian constitution -- Federalism, democracy and the Canadian political community -- Between patronage and bureaucracy : democratic politics in transition -- Quebec and the Canadian question.
- 0773508414 (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19437973