Spain, Europe & the wider world, 1500-1800 [electronic resource] / J.H. Elliott
- Elliott, J. H. (John Huxtable)
- New Haven [Conn.] ; London : Yale University Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 322 p. : ill., plans ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- A Europe of composite monarchies -- Learning from the enemy : early modern Britain and Spain -- The general crisis in retrospect : a debate without end -- A non-revolutionary society : Castile in the 1640's -- Europe after the Peace of Westphalia -- The seizure of overseas territories by the European powers -- Illusion and disillusionment : Spain and the Indies -- Britain and Spain in America : colonists and colonised -- King and patria in the Hispanic world -- The same world, different worlds -- Starting afresh? : the eclipse of empire in British and Spanish America -- El Greco's Mediterranean : the encounter of civilisations -- Court society in seventeenth-century Europe : Madrid, Brussels, London -- Appearance and reality in the Spain of Velázquez.
- 9780300145373 (hbk. : alk. paper) and 0300145373 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19438147