Spatially integrated social science [electronic resource] / edited by Michael F. Goodchild, Donald G. Janelle
- Oxford [England] ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 456 p. : ill., maps
- Additional Creators:
- Goodchild, Michael F., Janelle, Donald G., 1940-, and ebrary, Inc
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Thinking spatially in the social sciences / Michael F. Goodchild and Donald G. Janelle -- Inferring the behavior of households from remotely sensed changes in land cover : current methods and future directions / Bruce Boucek and Emilio F. Moran -- Geovisualization of human activity patterns using 3D GIS : a time-geographic approach / Mei-Po Kwan and Jiyeong Lee -- Agent-based modeling : from individual residential choice to urban residential dynamics / Itzhak Benenson. Too much of the wrong kind of data : implications for the practice of micro-scale spatial modeling / David O'Sullivan -- Neighborhood-level analysis. Identifying ethnic neighborhoods with census data : group concentration and spatial clustering / John R. Logan and Wenquan Zhang. Spatial analyses of homicide with areal data / Steven F. Messner and Luc Anselin. Spatial (dis)advantage and homicide in Chicago neighborhoods / Robert J. Sampson and Jeffrey D. Morenoff. Measuring spatial diffusion of shots fired activity across city neighborhoods / Jacqueline Cohen and George Tita. The spatial structure of urban political discussion networks / Munroe Eagles, Paul Bélanger, and Hugh W. Calkins -- Region-level analysis. Mapping social exclusion and inclusion in developing countries : spatial patterns of Sào Paulo in the 1990s / Gilberto Cǎmara, Aldaiza Sposati, Dirce Koga, Antonio Miguel Monteiro, Frederico Roman Ramos, Eduardo Camargo, and Suzana Druck Fuks. Business location and spatial externalities : tying concepts to measures / Stuart H Sweeney and Edward J. Feser. Updating spatial perspectives and analytical frameworks in urban research / Qing Shen. Spatial analysis of regional income inequality / Sergio J. Rey. Shaping policy decisions with spatial analysis / Ted K. Bradshaw and Brian Muller. Geographical approaches for reconstructing past human behavior from prehistoric roadways / John Kantner -- Multi-scale spatial perspectives. Time, space, and archaeological landscapes : establishing connections in the first millennium BC / Patrick Daly and Gary Lock. Spatial perspectives in public health / Anthony C. Gatrell and Janette E. Rigby. The role of spatial analysis in demographic research / John R. Weeks. Spatial interaction models of international telecommunication flows / Jean-Michel Guldmann. Planning scenario visualization and assessment : a cellular automata based integrated spatial decision support system / Roger White, Bas Straatman, and Guy Engelen.
- 0195152700 (acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19438271