Strange bodies [electronic resource] : gender and identity in the novels of Carson McCullers / Sarah Gleeson-White
- Gleeson-White, Sarah, 1965-
- Tuscaloosa : University of Alabama Press, c2003.
- Physical Description:
- 168 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Freakish adolescents : The heart is a lonely hunter and The member of the wedding -- Queer grotesques : The heart is a lonely hunter and Reflections in a golden eye -- The masquerade : The heart is a lonely hunter, The member of the wedding, and The ballad of the sad café -- Two bodies in one : The heart is a lonely hunter and The ballad of the sad café.
- McCullers, Carson, 1917-1967—Criticism and interpretation
- Women and literature—Southern States—History—20th century
- Psychological fiction, American—History and criticism
- Identity (Psychology) in literature
- Gender identity in literature
- Human body in literature
- Grotesque in literature
- Southern States—In literature
- 0817312676 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -156) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19440341