Stuttering meets stereotype, stigma, and discrimination [electronic resource] : an overview of attitude research / Kenneth O. St. Louis
- St. Louis, Kenneth O.
- Morgantown : West Virginia University, 2015.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 403 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Review. Epidemiology of public attitudes toward stuttering / Kenneth O. St. Louis -- Stigma and stuttering : conceptualizations, applications, and coping / Michael P. Boyle and Gordon W. Blood -- Bullying experienced by youth who stutter : the problem and potential intervention strategies / Marilyn Langevin -- Job discrimination associated with stuttering in adults / Rodney Gabel -- Changing attitudes toward stuttering / Fauzia Abdalla -- Research : attitudes of the non-stuttering public. American Indian perceptions of stuttering / Ann M. Beste-Guldborg, Kenneth O. St. Louis, and Nichole Campanale -- Sudanese perceptions, attitudes, and knowledge of stuttering / Yomna Elsiddig, Charles Haynes, Julie Atwood, and Kenneth O. St. Louis -- Public attitudes toward mild versus severe stuttering in the United States and Kuwait / Kenneth O. St. Louis, Fauzia Abdalla, Megan E. Burgess, and Chelsea D. Kuhn -- Public attitudes toward males versus females who stutter : United States and Iran / Kenneth O. St. Louis, Staci N. Lemasters, and Ahmad Poormohammad -- Recognizing positive aspects of stuttering : a survey of the general public / Stephanie Hughes and Edward A. Strugalla -- Research : attitudes of professionals. Attitudes toward stuttering : a look at selected helping professions / Ann M. Beste-Guldborg, Kenneth O. St. Louis, and Nichole Campanale -- Knowledge and attitudes of primary school teachers about stuttering children in Sri Lanka / Saminda Kuruppu and Chantha K. Jayawardena -- A comparison of stuttering knowledge and attitudes of Polish SLPs and SLP students / Katarzyna Wȩsierska, Marta Wȩsierska, Kenneth O. St. Louis, and Ann Beste-Guldborg -- Effects of fluency disorders coursework on students' stuttering attitudes in two countries / Lejla Junuzović-Žunić, Mary E. Weidner, Isabella K. Reichel, Susanne Cook, Kenneth O. St. Louis, and Mercedes B. Ware -- An interdisciplinary training program in stuttering : raising awareness and changing attitudes / Stephanie Hughes, Rodney M. Gabel, Christopher P. Roseman, and Derek E. Daniels -- Research : attitudes of people who stutter and/or their family or friends. The Appraisal of the stuttering environment (ASE) : a new clinical tool to measure stuttering attitudes in the clinet's environment / Kenneth O. St. Louis, Chelsea D. Kuhn, and Lindsey Lytwak -- Children's and parents' perspectives about the psychological impact of stuttering and stuttering-related bullying / Susanne Cook and Peter Howell -- Stuttering in women : changes and adaptations throughout the lifespan / Kathleen Scaler Scott and Dinamichele Boyle -- Qualitative analysis of covert stuttering : workplace implications and saving face / Jill Douglass and John Tetnowski -- Changing attitudes toward stuttering : what children liked about a stuttering education resource / Marilyn Langevin -- Attitudes toward stuttering : an annotated bibliography / Stephanie Hughes.
- 9781940425399 (paper), 1940425395 (paper), 9781940425368 (cloth), 1940425360 (cloth), 9781940425375 (epub), 9781940425382 (pdf), 1940425379 (epub), and 1940425387 (pdf)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 351-383) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19443111