Summers in the Bronx [electronic resource]: Attila the Hun and Other Yankee Stories
- Berkow, Ira
- Aurora : Triumph Books Nov. 2009 Chicago : Independent Publishers Group [Distributor]
- Physical Description:
- 256 p. 09.000 x 06.000 in.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation From George Steinbrenner's odd reliance on the book, The Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun to the views of such memorable Yankee greats as Casey Stengel, Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra, Mickey Mantle, and more recent stars like Reggie Jackson, Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter, Ira Berkow takes the reader with him into the clubhouse and onto the field as he observes, interviews and comments on the Bronx Bombers over his long and distinguished career writing and reporting on them. Summers in the Bronx: Attila the Hun and Other Yankee Stories is a collection of Berkow's rich, candid and nationally popular sports columns and feature stories for The New York Times and other syndicated papers are devoted to the New York Yankees, arguably the most famous, controversial, beloved and sometimes berated organization in the history of sports. Berkow's eye for detail and for the unusual insight along with the comedy and drama revealed by his subjects themselves bring to life a Who's Who of unforgettable Yankee personalities from the last half century.
- 9781617490934 and 1617490938 (E-Book)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade Triumph Books
View MARC record | catkey: 19443482