Territorial rule in Colombia and the transformation of the Llanos Orientales [electronic resource] / Jane M. Rausch
- Rausch, Jane M., 1940-
- Gainesville : University Press of Florida, c2013.
- Physical Description:
- x, 186 p. : map ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The Llanos frontier on the eve of la violencia -- The violencia and its impact on the Llanos, 1946-1953 -- Rojas Pinilla and the pacification of the Llanos, 1953-1957 -- Territorial rule during the national front and its aftermath, 1958-1978 -- The contemporary era, 1978-2010 -- Changing concepts of the Llanos frontier in the last half of the twentieth century.
- An examination of the Llanos Orientales of Colombia (an area that, up to the 1980s, could still be considered frontier) and the effects of the discovery of petroleum in the region and the rapid growth that ensued.
- 9780813044668 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 171-178) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19446188