Through Mobility We Conquer [electronic resource] : The Mechanization of U.S. Cavalry / George F. Hofmann
- Hofmann, George F.
- Lexington, Ky. : The University Press of Kentucky, c2006. (Baltimore, Md. : Project MUSE, 2015)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 578 p. :) ill
- Additional Creators:
- Project Muse
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Frank Parker: early mechanized cavalry theorist -- A reason to be! -- The struggle for an innovative doctrine and a combat car -- Cavalrymen looking for new mounts and a tactical doctrine -- The "great cavalry debate" over new opportunities -- So he lost it all? -- Sneak and peek, or fight? -- Mechanized cavalry from Normandy to the end of the war -- The terrible turmoil of postwar Germany and the U.S. Constabulary -- Conclusion.
- 9780813171425, 0813124034 (hardcover : alk. paper), and 9780813124032 (print)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 531-549) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19447896