Transforming scriptures [electronic resource] : African American women writers and the Bible / Katherine Clay Bassard
- Bassard, Katherine Clay, 1959-
- Athens : University of Georgia Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 166 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Talking mules and troubled hermeneutics: Black women's biblical self-disclosures -- Private interpretations: the Bible defense of slavery and nineteenth-century racial hermeneutics -- Sampling the scriptures: Maria W. Stewart and the genre of prayer -- Hannah's craft: biblical passing in The bondwoman's narrative -- "Beyond mortal vision": identification and miscegenation in the Joseph cycle and Harriet E. Wilson's Our nig -- And the greatest of these: eros, philos, and agape in two contemporary Black women's novels.
- 9780820330907 (hardcover) and 0820330906 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -152) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 19449804