Transmaterial 3 [electronic resource] : a catalog of materials that redefine our physical environment / edited by Blaine Brownell
- Additional Titles:
- Transmaterial three
- New York, N.Y. : Princeton Architectural Press, c2010.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 251 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Brownell, Blaine Erickson, 1970-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Concrete -- Mineral -- Metal -- Wood -- Plastic + rubber -- Glass -- Paint + paper -- Fabric -- Light -- Digital.
- "Provides a broad synopsis of the state of technological advances in materials today, with a special emphasis on new developments in the field of biopolymers and various agriculturally derived products; biomimetic products, systems, and processes that seek to emulate natural examples, including low-embodied-energy and biochemically manufactured products; "grown" materials; nanoscale marvels; renewable energy technologies; "second-life" materials derived from repurposed waste; and responsive, interactive, and transformational digital interfaces that harness pervasive communication networks and are powered by low-energy illumination sources."--P.  of cover.
- 9781568988931 (alk. paper) and 1568988931 (alk. paper)
- Includes indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 19450044