Trying-out [electronic resource] : an anatomy of Dutch whaling and sealing in the nineteenth century, 1815-1885 / Justus Carolus Antonius Schokkenbroek
- Schokkenbroek, J. C. A. (Joost C. A.), 1961-
- Amsterdam : Aksant, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 366 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Language Note:
- Summaries in English, Dutch, and German.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Dutch whaling and sealing in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries -- King Willem I and the premium system (1815-1855) -- Nineteenth-century Dutch whaling in the South Seas (1827-1849) -- Nineteenth-century Dutch whaling and sealing in the Arctic (1815-1885) -- Ships and men : driving and floating forces -- Clients, commodities, and distribution -- Profitability of Dutch involvement in the whaling and sealing industries.
- 9789052602837 and 9052602832
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -355) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19451154