Tuberculosis then and now [electronic resource] : perspectives on the history of an infectious disease / edited by Flurin Condrau and Michael Worboys
- Montreal ; Ithaca : McGill-Queen's University Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 243 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Condrau, Flurin and Worboys, Michael, 1948-
- McGill-Queen's/Associated Medical Services studies in the history of medicine, health, and society ; 35
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Tuberculosis and its histories : then and now / Linda Bryder, Flurin Condrau and Michael Worboys -- Lay disease narratives, tuberculosis, and health education films / Tim Boon -- Targeting Patient Zero / David S. Barnes -- Beyond the total institution : towards a reinterpretation of the tuberculosis sanatorium / Flurin Condrau -- Great white plague turns alien : tuberculosis and immigration in Australia, 1901-2001 / Alison Bashford -- Importation, deprivation, and susceptibility : tuberculosis narratives in postwar Britain / John Welshman -- Before McKeown : explaining the decline of tuberculosis in Britain, 1880-1930 / Michael Worboys -- "The right not to suffer consumption" : health, welfare charity, and the working class in Spain during the Restoration period / Jorge Molero-Mesa -- Lobbying and resistance with regard to policy on bovine tuberculosis in Britain, 1900-1939 : an inside/outside model / Peter J. Atkins -- At home in the colonies : the WHO-MRC trials at the Madras Chemotherapy Centre in the 1950s and 1960s / Helen Valier.
- 9780773536005 (cloth), 0773536000 (cloth), 9780773536012 (pbk.), and 0773536019 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19451181