"Un-American" Hollywood [electronic resource] : politics and film in the blacklist era / edited by Frank Krutnik ... [et al.].
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 362 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Krutnik, Frank, 1956-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Are you now or have you ever been a Christian? the strange history of The robe as political allegory / Jeff Smith -- Un-American : Dmytryk, Rossellini, and Christ in concrete / Erica Sheen -- "A living part of the class struggle" : Diego Rivera's The flower carrier and the Hollywood left / Frank Krutnik -- A monarch for the millions : Jewish filmmakers, social commentary, and the postwar cycle of boxing films / Peter Stanfield -- The violent poetry of the times : the politics of history in Daniel Mainwaring and Joseph Losey's The lawless / Doug Dibbern -- Dark passages : jazz and civil liberty in the postwar crime film / Sean McCann -- Documentary realism and the postwar left / Will Straw -- Cloaked in compromise : Jules Dassin's "naked" city / Rebecca Prime -- The progressive producer in the studio system : Adrian Scott at RKO, 1943-1947 / Jennifer Langdon-Teclaw -- The house I live in : Albert Maltz and the fight against anti-Semitism / Art Simon -- Red Hollywood in transition : the case of Robert Rossen / Brian Neve -- Swashbuckling, sapphire, and salt : un-American contributions to TV costume adventure series in the 1950s / Steve Neale -- Hollywood, the new left, and FTA / Mark Shiel -- Red Hollywood / Thom Anderson.
- 9780813541976 (hbk. : alk. paper), 0813541972 (hbk. : alk. paper), 9780813541983 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0813541980 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 279-336) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19451905