Undisciplining knowledge [electronic resource] : interdisciplinarity in the twentieth century / Harvey J. Graff
- Graff, Harvey J.
- Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 323 pages ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : the problem of interdisciplinarity in theory and practice over time -- Sciences of life and society in the making of the research university : genetic biology and sociology, 1890s-1920s -- Crossing and remaking boundaries : the humanities and communication, 1870s-1960s -- In search of unification for war and peace : social relations and operations research, 1930s-1960s -- Between mind and mentality : cognitive science and new histories, 1940s-1980s -- A material world and the making of lifeworlds : materials science and cultural studies, 1950s-1990s -- The past and future of interdisciplinarity : bioscience and literacy studies.
- 9781421417455 (hardcover : alk. paper), 9781421417462 (electronic), 1421417456 (hardcover : alk. paper), and 1421417464 (electronic)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19452577