The unitary executive and the modern presidency [electronic resource] / edited by Ryan J. Barilleaux and Christopher S. Kelley
- College Station : Texas A&M University Press, c2010.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 242 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Barilleaux, Ryan J. and Kelley, Christopher S., 1964-
- Joseph V. Hughes Jr. and Holly O. Hughes series on the presidency and leadership
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: What is the unitary executive? / Ryan J. Barilleaux and Christopher S. Kelley -- pt. I. An overview of the unitary executive -- The unitary executive: ideology versus the Constitution / Louis Fisher -- Executive unilateralism in the Ford and Carter presidencies / Ryan J. Barilleaux and David Zellers -- The unitary executive and review of agency rulemaking / Melanie Marlowe -- The unitary executive and the Clinton administration / Christopher S. Kelley -- pt. II. The unitary executive and the George W. Bush presidency -- Foundations of the unitary executive of George W. Bush / Michael A. Genovese -- The unitary executive and secrecy in the Bush presidency: the case of the Energy Task Force controversy / Mitchel A. Sollenberger and Mark J. Rozell -- Warrantless surveillance and the warrantless presidency / Richard M. Pious -- Aiding and abetting: Congressional complicity in the rise of the unitary executive / Bryan W. Marshall and Patrick J. Haney -- pt. III. Conclusion -- Going forward: the unitary executive, presidential power, and the twenty-first century presidency / Ryan J. Barilleaux and Christopher S. Kelley.
- 9781603441735 (cloth : alk. paper), 1603441735 (cloth : alk. paper), 9781603441902 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 1603441905 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19452746