The evils of slavery [electronic resource].
- [Newport, R.I.] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 28 x 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Redwood Library and Athenaeum
- Related Titles:
- Newport Daily News
- Broadside text begins: We present ... as an illustration of one of the many evils of human slavery, the following report ... Sentence of Robert Taylor. General court martial orders, no. 88. War Dept., Adj't General's office, Washington, May 9, 1864. I. Before a military commission ... was arraigned and tried--Robert Taylor, a citizen. Charge--"murder." Specification ... did beat a Negro woman named 'Retter' in such manner that she died ... This on or about the 31st day of August, 1663 [i.e. 1863] ... three miles from the town of Hillsboro ... Tennessee ..., Signed at end: --Newport Daily News., and Stamp of: Redwood Library Newport. R.I.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2014. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 3547
View MARC record | catkey: 19454133