Historical collections of Virginia [electronic resource] ; containing a collection of the most interesting facts, traditions, biographical sketches, anecdotes, &c. relating to its history and antiquities, together with geographical and statistical descriptions. : To which is appended, an historical and descriptive sketch of the District of Columbia. : Illustrated by over 100 engravings, giving views of the principal towns,--seats of eminent men,--public buildings,--relics of antiquity,--historic localities, natural scenery, etc., etc. / / By Henry Howe
- Howe, Henry, 1816-1893
- Charleston, S.C. : Published by W.R. Babcock, 1847..
- Physical Description:
- , x, -544 pages,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : illustrations, facsimiles, map, portraits ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Daggett, Alfred, 1799-1872
Hinman, David C.
Howe, Henry, 1816-1893
Redfield, William D.
Sanford, Lucas, 1817-
Trumbull, John, 1756-1843
Babcock, William R., 1800-1859
- Added engraved t.p. has title: Virginia.
Copyright 1845 on t.p. verso.
Includes engravings by S. Weekes, A. Daggett, D.C. Hinman, W.D. Redfield, and L. Sanford, after J. Trumbull, C. Mayer, and the author.
Cf. Hamilton, S. Amer. book illustrators (1958 ed.), 922.
Library Company copy has frontispiece and map hand-colored.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2014. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 5005
View MARC record | catkey: 19454907