Letters on slavery [electronic resource] / by William Dickson, formerly private secretary to the late Hon. Edward Hay, governor of Barbadoes. ; To which are added, addresses to the whites, and to the free Negroes of Barbadoes; and accounts of some Negroes eminent for their virtues and abilities
- Dickson, William, active 1789-1815
- London : printed and sold by J. Phillips, George-Yard, Lombard-Street, and sold by J. Johnson, St. Paul's Church-Yard, and Elliot and Kay, opposite Somerset Place, Strand, 1789.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, x, 190 pages, 2 unnumbered pages (last pages blank) ; 23 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Robertson, William, 1721-1793
- Signatures: pi ℗ a♯ A-M€
Page 189 mispaginated 188.
Final errata leaf.
Inscribed: From the author in acknowledgment of the assistance he has received from Doctor Robertson's excellent History of Charles the Fifth London 4 April 1789. With bookplate of William Robertson.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2014. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- ESTC T145585
Ragatz, L.J. Brit. Caribbean history, p. 497
Hogg, P.C. African slave trade, 1944
Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 3122
View MARC record | catkey: 19455065