The address of Abraham Johnstone, a black man [electronic resource] : who was hanged at Woodbury, in the county of Glocester [sic], and state of New Jersey, on Saturday the the [sic] 8th day of July last; to the people of colour. : To which is added his dying confession or declaration : also, a copy of a letter to his wife, written the day previous to his execution
- Johnstone, Abraham, -1797
- Philadelphia : Printed for the purchasers, 1797..
- Physical Description:
- 47 pages, 1 unnumbered page (last blank) ; 22 cm (12mo)
- Johnstone was hanged for the murder of Thomas Read, "a Guinea Negro."
LCP AR 1971 p. 58.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2014. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans 32320
McDade, T.M. Murder, 535
Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 5360
View MARC record | catkey: 19455110