A sermon preached in the Parish-Church of Christ-Church, London, on Thursday May the 4th, 1775 : being the time of the yearly meeting of the children educated in the charity-schools, in and about the cities of London and Westminster / by the Reverend Newton Ogle ... : to which is annexed, An account of the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge
- Ogle, Newton, 1725 or 1726-1804
- Additional Titles:
- Account of the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge
- London : Printed by J. and W. Oliver ... and sold by John Rivington ..., 1775.
- Physical Description:
- 23, 119 pages, 3 unnumbered pages ; 23 cm (4to).
- Additional Creators:
- Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge (Great Britain)
- Rare Books copy: Formerly part of an 18th-century library in Williamscote House near Banbury, England, assembled by John Loveday (1711-1789), philologist and antiquary, who lived at Caversham in Oxfordshire. The library was moved to Williamscote House in 1799 by John Loveday the second (1742-1809), Doctor of Laws.
- "Published at the request of the Society ... and the Trustees of the several schools".
Title within double line border.
Text: Matthew XI. 5.
"An account of the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge" has separate t.p and pagination.
- Binding notes:
- Bound with: A sermon preached before the Society corresponding with the Incorporated Society in Dublin ... / Robert Lowth. London : Printed and sold by J. and W. Oliver ..., 1773.
BX5133.L64S4 1773 c.1 (Book) bound in A sermon preached before the Society corresponding with the Incorporated society in Dublin, for promoting English Protestant working-schools in Ireland : at their general meeting in the Parish-Church of St Mary le Bow, on Wednesday, May 19, 1773. / By the Right Reverend Robert, lord bishop of Oxford
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English short title catalogue, T117411.
View MARC record | catkey: 194572