A philosophical and political history of the settlements and trade of the Europeans in the East and West Indies [electronic resource] / Translated from the French of the Abbé Raynal, by J. Justamond, M.A.
- Raynal, abbé (Guillaume-Thomas-François), 1713-1796
- Uniform Title:
- Histoire philosophique et politique des établissemens et du commerce des Européens dans les deux Indes. English
- London : Printed for T. Cadell, in the Strand, M DCC LXXVII 
- The third edition: revised and corrected. With maps adapted to the work, and a copious index. Volume the first [-fifth].
- Physical Description:
- 5 volumes : maps, portrait ; 20 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Justamond, J. O. (John Obadiah), -1786, Cadell, T. (Thomas), 1742-1802, and Biddle, Owen, 1737-1799
- Translation of: Histoire philosophique et politique des établissemens et du commerce des Européens dans les deux Indes.
Vol. 1: , 486,  p.,  leaves of plates (1 folded); v. 2: , 595,  p.,  folded leaf of plates; v. 3: , 504 p.  folded leaf of plates: v. 4: , 509,  p.,  folded leaf of plates; v. 5: , 605, , lxxxiii,  p.
Publisher's advertisements at the end of each volume.
Library Company copy inscribed: Owen Biddle; imperfect: wanting all but one plate; v. 1 wanting t.p. and p. 5-10; v. 3 wanting all after p. 502; v. 4 wanting final leaf; v. 5 wanting t.p., several leaves burnt.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2014. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- ESTC T94803
Golsmiths' Lib. cat., 11579
Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 8669
View MARC record | catkey: 19459397