The story of South Africa [electronic resource] : an account of the historical transformation of the dark continent by the European powers and the culminating contest between Great Britain and the South African Republic in the Transvaal War / by John Clark Ridpath LL.D. ... and Edward S. Ellis A.M. ... ; copiously illustrated with colored maps, half-tone portraits, sketches, scenes and war pictures, in the best style of reproduction
- Ridpath, John Clark, 1840-1900
- [Philadelphia] : J.H. Moore Company Philadelphia ; [Chicago] : J.H. Moore & Company, Chicago, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (various pagings) : illustrations, 2 maps (1 color), portraits ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Ellis, Edward Sylvester, 1840-1916, Keller, A. R., and J.H. Moore Company
- Publisher's sample., Verso of plate following title page is blank., Last page is price sheet with specifications., Front cover, green cloth over board printed in gold, black, darker green, blue, and red with spine sample flap, is sample of the "best English" cloth binding offered; back cover of dark green cloth stamped in gold with leather corners and spine is sample of the half-morocco binding; gold stamped leather spine sample mounted on inside of the back cover., Contains numerous plates including color map of the South African Reoublic, a photographic portait of a Zulu warrior in full attire; photograph of a Zulu village and 3 photographs illustrating Zulu people "fighting" "smoking" and "drinking beer"., and "Copyright, 1899 by A.R. Keller."--T.p. verso.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2014. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 2nd ed. Suppl. 1851
View MARC record | catkey: 19459681