Scientific tracts [electronic resource] : designed for instruction and entertainment, and adapted to schools, lyceums, and families / conducted by Josiah Holbrook, and others
- Uniform Title:
- Scientific tracts (1831-1833)
- Boston : Published by Carter, Hendee, and Babcock ..., 1831-1833.
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes : illustrations ; 20 cm (12mo)
- Additional Creators:
- Holbrook, Josiah, 1788-1854
Smith, Jerome Van Crowninshield, 1800-1879
Foote, A. E. (Albert E.), 1846-1895
- Merged to Form:
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- v. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 1831)-v. 3, no. 24 (Dec. 1833)
- Vol. 3 edited by Jerome V.C. Smith.
Vol. 2-3 published by Allen & Ticknor.
Library has: v. 1-3 (1831-1833) [Acc. no. 51659.D] ; v. 3, nos. 19-20 (1833) [Acc. no. 51234.O.11 in wrappers]
Vol. 1-3 (1831-1833) [Acc. no. 51659.D] with bookseller's tickets of A.E. Foote, 1223 Belmont Ave., Philadelphia. Vol. 2 inscribed: Charles Adams, 422 Washington St.
"The River Niger" (v. 2, no. 20); "African slave trade (v. 2, no. 21).
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2014. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 2nd ed. Suppl. 2027
Checklist Amer. imprints 9112
View MARC record | catkey: 19459683