Trees : a complete guide to their biology and structure / Roland Ennos
- Ennos, Roland
- Ithaca, New York : Comstock Publishing Associates, a division of Cornell University Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 128 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- The tree story -- How trees lift water -- How trees stand up -- Limits to height -- Survival strategies -- Trees in different climates -- Specialist trees -- Southern hemisphere trees -- Trees and people -- Glossary.
- Roland Ennos allows readers to better understand trees and their structure by answering questions that include: How did trees evolve? How do they stand up? Why are there so many different types? How and why do we use them? He also explores the evolution of the first trees to the enormous diversity of tree life today. Illustrated with more than 120 stunning color images from around the world. Trees provides fascinating insights into the biology of these magnificent plants.--COVER.
- 9781501704932 paperback alkaline paper
1501704931 paperback alkaline paper
- "First published by the Natural History Museum ... London 2001"--Title page verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19460836