A visit to a classroom of English language learners / executive producer, John Checkley ; producers, Pauline Steinhorn, Bill Creed ; produced by ASCD, Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Alexandria, VA : Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (42 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Checkley, John M.
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Educational Consultant: Virginia Rojas Spend a day at a world-renowned bilingual school -the first dual language public school in the United States -to get an up-close-and-personal tour of the programs and practices that are proven successful for students who are learning English. Following a 2nd grade class through their language arts, science, math, and social studies lessons, this video showcases the best practices that teachers use to address the needs of English language learners:Immersion in a content-based language approach where students learn academic content, vocabulary, and language patterns simultaneously Second language teaching strategies, such as visuals, total physical response, verbal interaction, learning buddies, read aloud, and the use of repetition Use this video for professional development meetings, study groups, and teams to demonstrate the action steps from ASCD's video series Maximizing Learning for English Language Learners.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed November 10, 2016).
View MARC record | catkey: 19464080