Fast facts for evidence-based practice in nursing : implementing EBP in a nutshell / Maryann Godshall, PhD, RN, CPN, CCRN, CNE
- Godshall, Maryann
- Uniform Title:
- Fast facts for evidence-based practice
- New York : Springer Publishing Company, 
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 197 pages) : illustrations
- Introduction to evidence-based practice -- Asking the compelling question -- A basic understanding of research -- Quantitative research -- Qualitative research -- Finding the evidence -- Evaluating the evidence -- Barriers to disseminating the evidence -- Example of a PICO/T process.
- Designated a Doody's Core Title! This is a pithy, pocket-sized resource for students and practicing nurses alike that delivers the foundations of evidence-based practice (EBP) and basic nursing research concepts in an easy-to-read, quick-access format. It demystifies the research process with straightforward information presented in concise sentences and bullet points. The book focuses on providing readers with the most practical information on EBP--including how to get the best evidence quickly using various databases and includes coverage of both quantitative and qualitative methods. At-a-glance charts categorize research and simple examples demonstrate concepts. The second edition has been updated to reflect rapidly changing trends and state-of-the-art information in EBP, including such new research methods as narrative inquiry and storytelling. Using proven, class-tested content for both traditional and online courses, this updated edition includes guidance on how EBP is used to obtain and retain Magnet status, and presents examples of how health care providers are integrating EBP into their practice. The text differentiates between EBP and research, often a difficult distinction for students to grasp. Extensive coverage of how EBP can be used to improve patient care includes many practical examples. Every chapter includes the popular "Fast Facts in a Nutshell" feature, highlighting must-know information. The book also provides background information on defining the "compelling question" which is essential to finding the appropriate evidence-based material. New to the Second Edition: Reflects new trends, research methods, and state-of-the-art EBP information Includes guidance on how EBP is used to obtain and retain Magnet status Provides examples of how health care providers and hospitals are integrating EBP into their practice Differentiates between EBP and research Discusses how EBP can be used to improve patient care--Description taken from back cover.
- 9780826194077 (e-book)
- Preceded by Fast facts for evidence-based practice / Maryann Godshall. c2010.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19464538