Fat politics [electronic resource] : the real story behind America's obesity epidemic / J. Eric Oliver
- Oliver, J. Eric, 1966-
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 228 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- What is fat? -- How obesity became an epidemic disease -- Why we hate fat people -- Women, fat, and the sexual market -- Fat genes and the obesity blame game -- Food and weight gain: super sized misperceptions -- Sloth, capitalism, and the paradox of freedom -- Obesity policy: the fix is in -- Unmaking the obesity epidemic.
- 9780195169362 (cloth : alk. paper) and 0195169360 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 191-219) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19464613