Fields of vision [electronic resource] : essays on the Travels of William Bartram / edited by Kathryn E. Holland Braund, Charlotte M. Porter
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The real world of Bartram's Travels / Edward J. Cashin -- William Bartram, Wrightsborough, and the prospects for the Georgia backcountry, 1765-1774 / Robert Scott Davis -- William Bartram's gustatory tour / Kathryn E. Holland Braund -- The two Williams: science and connections in West Florida / Robert J. Malone -- William Bartram and the forms of natural history / Stephanie Volmer -- Nature, man, and God: the introduction to Bartram's Travels / Burt Kornegay -- Before Bartram: artist-naturalist Mark Catesby / Arlene Fradkin, Mallory McCane O'Connor -- The Bartrams, Clarence B. Moore, and Mount Royal: early archaeology on the St. Johns River, Florida / Jerald T. Milanich -- Where Bartram sat: historic Creek Indian architecture in the eighteenth century / Craig T. Sheldon, Jr. -- E. G. Squier's manuscript copy of William Bartram's Observations on the Creek and Cherokee Indians / Mark Williams -- William Bartram's Oenothera grandiflora: "the most pompous and brilliant herbaceous plant yet known to exist" / Joel T. Pry -- The mystery of the Okeechobee gourd / Marc C. Minna, Maria Minna -- The role of digital specimen images in historical research / Stephanie C. Haas, Kent D. Perkins, Michael Bond -- Bartram's legacy: nature advocacy / Charlotte M. Porter.
- 9780817316822 (cloth : alk. paper)
0817316825 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780817355715 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0817355715 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Contains papers from several conferences.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19465400