The financial and economic crises and their impact on health and social well-being [electronic resource] / edited by Vicente Navarro and Carles Muntaner
- Policy, politics, health and medicine series
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Neoliberalism as a class ideology; or, the political causes of the growth of inequalities / Vicente Navarro -- The crisis and fiscal policies in the peripheral countries of the eurozone / Vicente Navarro -- The effects of health care reforms on health inequalities : a review and analysis of the European evidence base / Elena Gelormino, Clare Bambra, Teresa Spadea, Silvia Bellini, and Giuseppe Costa -- Ditching the single-payer system in the National Health Service : how the English department of health is learning the wrong lessons from the United States / Lucy Reynolds, Clare Gerada, and Martin McKee -- Visits to family physicians or specialists by elderly persons in Canada and the United States : an exploratory comparative study / Mark S. Kaplan, Nathalie Huguet, David Feeny, Bentson H. McFarland, and Stacey S. Williams -- Minimum income protection and European integration : trends and levels of minimum benefits in comparative perspective, 1990-2005 / Kenneth Nelson -- Employment relations and global health : a typological study of world labor markets / Haejoo Chung, Carles Muntaner, Joan Benach, and the EMCONET Network -- The impact of public employment on health and health inequalities : evidence from China / Wei Zhang -- Ensuring a healthy and productive workforce : comparing the generosity of paid sick day and sick leave policies in 22 countries / Jody Heymann, Hye Jin Rho, John Schmitt, and Alison Earle -- Overstretched and unreciprocated commitment : reviewing research on the occupational health and safety effects of downsizing and job insecurity / Michael Quinlan and Philip Bohle -- Employer-sponsored health insurance erosion accelerates in the recession / Elise Gould -- How do macro-level contexts and policies affect the employment chances of chronically ill and disabled people? part I : the impact of recession and deindustrialization / Paula Holland, Bo Burstrm, Margaret Whitehead, Finn Diderichsen, Espen Dahl, Ben Barr, Lotta Nyln, Wen-Hao Chen, Karsten Thielen, Kjetil A. van der Wel, Stephen Clayton, and Sharanjit Uppal -- Different welfare states different policies an analysis of the substance of national health promotion policies in three European countries / Elisabeth Fosse -- Social inequalities in sickness : does welfare state regime type make a difference? a multilevel analysis of men and women in 26 European countries / Kjetil A. van der Wel, Espen Dahl, and Karsten Thiele -- Welfare state regime life courses : the development of western European welfare state regimes and age-related patterns of educational inequalities in self-reported health / Clare Bambra, Gopalakrishnan Netuveli, and Terje A. Eikemo -- Variation of socioeconomic gradients in children's developmental health across advanced capitalist societies : analysis of 22 OECD nations / Arjumand Siddiqi, Ichiro Kawachi, Lisa Berkman, S. V. Subramanian, and Clyde Hertzman -- Gender policy developments and policy regimes in 22 OECD countries, 1979 / Mona C. Backhans, Bo Burstrm, and Staffan Marklund -- Analyzing differences in the magnitude of socioeconomic inequalities in self-perceived health by countries of different political tradition in Europe / Carme Borrell, Albert Espelt, Maica Rodriguez-Sanz, Bo Burstrm, Carles Muntaner, M. Isabel Pasarin, Joaon Benach, Chiara Marinacci, Albert-Jan Roskam, Maartje Schaap, Enrique Regidor, Giuseppe Costa, Paula Santana, Patrick Deboosere, Anton Kunst, and Vicente Navarro -- Class divisions and health chances in Brazil / Jose Alcides Figueiredo Santos -- Wealth inequality and health : a political economy perspective / Nadine R. Nowatzki -- The other side of the Chinese economic miracle / Wei Zhang -- Social class, politics, and the spirit level : why income inequality remains unexplained and unsolved / Carles Muntaner, Nanky Rai, Edwin Ng, and Haejoo Chung -- The solution space : developing research and policy agendas to eliminate employment-related health inequalities / Carles Muntaner, Sanjeev Sridharan, Haejoo Chung, Orielle Solar, Michael Quinlan, Montserrat Vergara, Joan Benach, and the EMCONET network -- Why we don't spend enough on public health : an alternate view / Vicente Navarro.
- 9780895038784 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780895038791 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Related Titles:
- International journal of health services. Contained in (work)
- The contributions in this volume, articles selected from the International Journal of Health Services, contrast explicitly with conventional approaches to population health and offer new insights and results that advance a critical understanding of public health.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 19465780