Financial policies and the world capital market [electronic resource] : the problem of Latin American countries / edited by Pedro Aspe Armella, Rudiger Dornbusch, and Maurice Obstfeld
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 1983.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 293 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Aspe Armella, Pedro
National Bureau of Economic Research
National Bureau of Economic Research Conference on Financial Policies and the World Capital Market: The Problem of Latin American Countries (1981 : Mexico City, Mexico)
- A Conference report / National Bureau of Economic Research
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Stories of the 1930s for the 1980s / Carlos F. Díaz Alejandro -- Optimal economic integration / Michael Mussa -- Seigniorage and fixed exchange rates / Stanley Fischer -- Dollarization in Mexico / Guillermo Ortiz -- On equilibrium wage indexation and neutrality of indexation policy / Nissan Liviatan -- Real versus financial openness under alternative exchange rate regimes / Michael Bruno -- Financing private business in an inflationary context / Domingo F. Cavallo and A. Humberto Petrei -- Debt and the current account deficit in Brazil / Olivier Jean Blanchard -- Trying to stabilize / Guillermo A. Calvo -- Interest differential and covered arbitrage / José Saúl Lizondo -- Capital mobility and the scope for sterilization / Robert E. Cumby and Maurice Obstfeld -- Panel discussion : the capital market under conditions of high and variable inflation / Juan Carlos de Pablo, Miguel Mancera, and Mario Henrique Simonsen.
- "Result of the National Bureau of Economic Research Conference on Financial Policies and the World Capital Market: The Problem of Latin American Countries, held at the Instituto Technológico Autónomo de México in Mexico City, 26-27 March 1981"--Pref.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographies and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 19465849