Freedom and the human person [electronic resource] / edited by Richard Velkley
- Washington, D.C. : Catholic University of America Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 266 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Velkley, Richard L.
- Studies in philosophy and the history of philosophy ; v. 48
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Freedom : grace and necessity / Seth Benardete -- The follies of freedom and reason : an old story / Leon Kass -- Freedom, responsibility, and truth / Robert Sokolowski -- Freedom and would-be persons / John M. Rist -- Beyond libertarianism and compatibilism : Thomas Aquinas on created freedom / Brian J. Shanley -- Justifying faith : grace and free will / Eleonore Stump -- Sovereign states and sovereign individuals : the question of political theory / Michael Allen Gillespie -- Freedom, republics, and peoples in Machiavelli's prince / Nathan Tarcov -- John Locke : toward a politics of liberty / Michael P. Zuckert, Jesse Covington, and James Thompson -- Freedom and faith within the boundaries of bare reason / Susan Meld Shell -- On giving oneself the law / Robert B. Pippin -- Slaves, masters, tyrants : Nietzsche's concept of freedom / Robert Rethy.
- 9780813215082 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 249-258) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19468209