Ghost Stories for Darwin [electronic resource] : The Science of Variation and the Politics of Diversity / Banu Subramaniam
- Subramaniam, Banu, 1966-
- Urbana, Illinois : University of Illinois Press,  (Baltimore, Md. : Project MUSE, 2015)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 280 pages )
- Additional Creators:
- Project Muse
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Preface. The red queen runneth : on interdisciplinarity -- Introduction. Interdisciplinary hauntings : the ghostly worlds of naturecultures -- Part I. Genealogies of variation : the case of morning glory flowers. Thigmatropic tales : on the politics and social lives of morning glories -- A genealogy of variation : the enduring debate on human differences -- Singing the morning glory blues : a fictional science -- Part II. Geographies of variation : the case of invasion biology. Alien nation : a recent biography -- My experiments with truth : studying the biology of invasions -- Aliens of the world unite! A mediation on belonging in a multispecies world -- Part III. Biographies of variation : the case of women in the sciences. Through the prism of objectivity : dispersions of identity, culture, science -- Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated : gender and the making of scientists -- The emperor's new clothes : revisiting the question of women in the sciences -- Conclusion. New cartographies of variation : the future of feminist science studies.
9780252080241 (alk. paper)
0252080246 (alk. paper)
9780252038655 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0252038657 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 235-269) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19471821