Global perspectives on school libraries [electronic resource] : projects and practices / edited by Luisa Marquardt and Dianne Oberg ; foreword by Randi Lundvall and Diljit Singh
- Berlin ; New York : De Gruyter Saur, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 336 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Marquardt, Luisa
International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions. Section of School Libraries and Resource Centres
International Association of School Librarianship
- IFLA publications, 0344-6891 ; 148
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- A self-evaluation model for school libraries in Portugal / Glória Bastos, Elsa Conde, and Rosa Martins -- Building a model school library at Madrasah Tsanawiyah Negeri Piyungan in Yogyakarta, Indonesia / Labibah Zain, Marwiyah and Sri Rohyanti Zulaikha -- Developing understanding of information literacy in the Croatian school environment / Sonja Špiranec and Mihaela Banek Zorica -- Personal learning networks and participatory culture : getting teacher-librarians connected in the 21st century / Jennifer L. Branch and Joanne de Groot -- A new operational culture : the case of the school library in the information society project in Oulu, Finland / Eeva Kurttila-Matero, Maija-Leena Huotari, and Terttu Kortelainen -- Assessing school library learning environments / Barbara Schultz-Jones -- Reading opens all doors : an integrated reading project at Genazzano College in Melbourne, Australia / Susan La Marca, Sandra Hardinge, and Lyn Pucius -- Fun with readathon : helping Namibian children to love books / Andree-Jeanne Tötemeyer -- Developing information literacy through primary school libraries in Nigeria / Virginia W. Dike, Margaret N. Ngwuchukwu, and Grace U. Onyebuchi -- GiggleIT and global citizenship : school libraries, literacy, and laughter / Kathryn Massingill Manck, Patricia Carmichael, and Barbara Combes -- Body in the library : a cross-curriculum transliteracy project / Judy O'Connell -- HIV/AIDS corners in Botswana schools and libraries / Margaret Baffour-Awuah -- School libraries and human rights / Marian Koren -- Camels, burros, elephants, boats, and trucks : bringing books and literacy to children in remote communities / Ray Doiron -- Botswana's book box service to primary schools / Margaret Baffour-Awuah -- Participation of Croatian school librarians in teaching children with intellectual disabilities / Ivanka Stricevic and Ivana Peric -- Lubuto library project : bringing knowledge to Zambian children / Stacy Langner, Jane Kinney Meyers, and Mary M. Wagner -- Providing Web-based online reference resources for schools : an Alberta success story / Diane Galloway Solowan -- The Belgrano day school model project : using mobile technology in a school library in Argentina / Ana Ester Rossaroli -- Information literacy on the move : mobile learning with Netvibes, QR codes and more / Sarah Pavey -- Web 2.0 and our school library at the Hamilton and Alexander College in Victoria, Australia / Margaret Simkin -- The school library as a tool to empower literacy and improve schools : a Swedish government initiative / Helle Barrett, Bibi Eriksson, and Maria Gunnarsson-Contassot -- School libraries in reading education and the promotion of information literacy : the Norwegian school library program / Siri Ingvaldsen -- Seize the day! : developing school libraries in Finland / Liisa Niinikangas and Esa Poikela -- A long walk to significant school libraries for all : government policies in Portugal, 1986-2010 / Maria José Vitorino -- ENSIL : advocacy of school libraries in the educational context / Lourense H. Das -- SLA : using advocacy and evidence to move forward / Tricia Adams -- RusLA : policymaker for school library development / Tatiana Zhukova -- IFLA SLRC : developing policy and guidelines / Randi Lundvall -- IASL : sustaining the school library vision for 40 years / Dianne Oberg.
- Sponsored by the IFLA School Libraries and Resource Centres Section and the International Association of School Librarianship.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19472379