Edgar Allan Poe [videorecording] : terror of the soul : a film / by Karen Thomas ; Film Odyssey
- Additional Titles:
- Terror of the soul
- [Alexandria, Va.] : Distributed by PBS Video, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (57 min.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Dee, Ruby
Heard, John, 1945-
Auberjonois, René, 1940-
- Comprehensive biography of Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849), the master of mystery and the macabre. Details Poe's entrance into the literary market just as the golden age of periodicals was about to begin, tells how he worked on the magazines of his day as an editor and a critic, and explains that his fluid imagination compelled Poe to focus his energies on writing. Delves into Poe's creative genius and the personal tragedies that shaped many of his stories.
- Related Titles:
- American masters (Television program)
- "An American masters special".
Closed captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator: Ruby Dee.
Treat Williams, John Heard, Rene Auberjonois.
- Technical Details:
- VHS format.
View MARC record | catkey: 1947461