Handbook of adult development and learning [electronic resource] / edited by Carol Hoare
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 579 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hoare, Carol Hren
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Growing a discipline at the borders of thought / Carol Hoare -- Learning and development : the connection in adulthood / Sharan B. Merriam and M. Carolyn Clark -- Research design and methodological issues for adult development and learning / Grace I.L. Caskie and Sherry L. Willis -- Development of reflective judgment in adulthood / Karen Strohm Kitchener, Patricia M. King, and Sonia DeLuca -- Intellectual development across adulthood / K. Warner Schaie and Faika A.K. Zanjani -- Emotional development in adulthood : a developmental functionalist review and critique / Nathan S. Consedine and Carol Magai -- Motivation and interpersonal regulation across adulthood : managing the challenges and constraints of social contexts / Frieder R. Lang and Jutta Heckhausen -- Self-efficacy and adult development / Daniel Cervone, Daniele Artistico, and Jane M. Berry -- Autonomy and self-directed learning : a developmental journey / Kathleen Taylor -- Adult development, learning, and insight through psychotherapy : the cultivation of change and transformation / Melvin E. Miller -- Creativity through the life span from an evolutionary systems perspective / Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi and Jeanne Nakamura -- Illuminating major creative scientific innovators with postformal stages / Michael Lamport Commons and Linda Marie Bresette -- Laughing at gilded butterfiles : integrating wisdom, development, and learning / Caroline L. Bassett -- Spiritual development in adulthood : key concepts and models / Ronald R. Irwin -- Effects of children on adult development and learning : parenthood and beyond / Jack Demick -- Work as the catalyst of reciprocal adult development and learning : identity and personality / Carol Hoare -- The importance of feeling whole : learning to "feel connected", community, and adult development / Jan D. Sinnott and Debra Berlanstein -- Culture, learning, and adult development / Heidi Keller and Anne Werchan -- The meaning and measurement of conceptual development in adulthood / Theo L. Dawson-Tunik -- Advanced avenues in adult development and learning : the role of doctoral study / Judith Stevens-Long and Robert Barner -- The evolution of professional competence / Garrett McAuliffe -- Adult holistic development and multidimensional performance / Glen Rogers, Marcia Mentkowski, and Judith Reisetter Hart.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 19475331