Healing the inner city child [electronic resource] : creative arts therapies with at-risk youth / edited by Vanessa A. Camilleri
- London ; Philadelphia : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- p. ; cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Camilleri, Vanessa A., 1973-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The inner city -- At-risk children -- Challenges faced by at-risk children in the inner city -- Outcomes for at-risk children in the inner city -- Moderating factors -- Therapy with inner-city at-risk children -- "Hear me sing": structured group song-writing with inner-city at-risk children / Vanessa A. Camilleri -- Lifesongs: music therapy with adolescents in foster care / Diane Austin -- "Can you play with me?" dealing with trauma, grief, and loss through analytical music therapy and play therapy / Juliane Kowski -- Honoring Timothy's spirit: mural making to express, process, and overcome grief and loss / Dan Summer -- The architecture of self-expression: creating community through art with children on Chicago's South side / Dorothy C. McGuire -- Soho: space of her own: an art-based mentoring program for girls / Linda K. Odell -- Collaboration and creativity: art therapy groups in a school suspension program / Ashley R. Dorr -- Prevention interventions: art and drama therapy in three settings / Laura Soble and Janet K. Long --
-- Emotional repair through action methods: the use of psychodrama, sociometry, psychodramatic journaling and experiential group therapy with adolescents / Tian Dayton -- Make me wanna holler: dramatic encounters with boys from the inner city / Craig Haen -- "Sit down and be quiet!" dance/movement therapy in an inner city elementary school after-care program / Susan Kierr Dyer -- Operatic play: a drama and music therapy collaboration / Maria Hodermarska and Suzannah Scott-Moncrieff -- Safe expressions: a community-based creative arts therapy program for at-risk youth / Flossie Ierardi, Mark Bottos and Mary K. O'Brien -- Rediscover, reclaim and rejoice: the sesame approach of drama and movement therapy with the exploited girl child in India / Sonali Senroy and Priyadarshini Senroy -- A safe distance: an intermodal approach to creating a country retreat for city girls who have been abused / Julie Lacy, Reina Michaelson and Carla van Laar.
- 9781843108245 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19476379