High tech trash [electronic resource] : digital devices, hidden toxics, and human health / Elizabeth Grossman
- Grossman, Elizabeth, 1957-
- Additional Titles:
- Digital devices, hidden toxics, and human health
- Washington : Island Press : Shearwater Books, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 334 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The underside of high tech -- Raw materials : where bits, bytes, and the earth's crust coincide -- Producing high tech : the environmental impact -- High-tech manufacture and human health -- Flame retardants : a tale of toxics -- When high tech electronics become trash -- Not in our backyard : exporting electronic waste -- The politics of recycling -- A land ethic for the digital age -- Appendix. How to recycle a computer, cell phone, TV, or other digital devices.
- 1559635541 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19477502