Hiroshima in history [electronic resource] : the myths of revisionism / edited with an introduction by Robert James Maddox
- Columbia : University of Missouri Press, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 213 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Maddox, Robert James
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Gar Alperovitz: godfather of Hiroshima revisionism / Robert James Maddox -- The shock of the atomic bomb and Japan's decision to surrender--a reconsideration / Sadao Asada -- Intelligence forecasting for the invasion of Japan: previews of hell / Edward J. Drea -- "A score of bloody Okinawas and Iwo Jimas": President Truman and casualty estimates for the invasion of Japan / D.M. Giangreco -- Half a million purple hearts / D.M. Giangreco and Kathryn Moore -- Advocacy or assessment? The United States strategic bombing survey of Germay and Japan / Gian Peri Gentile -- Hiroshima and the trashing of Henry Stimson / Robert P. Newman -- Enola Gay at Air and Space: anonymity, hypocrisy, ignorance / Robert P. Newman -- Racing the enemy: a critical look / Michael Kort.
- "Analysis of Truman's decision to use nuclear arms against Japan through essays written by military and diplomatic historians"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780826217325 (hbk. : alk. paper)
082621732X (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19477671